Life is busy, but that is no excuse to consistently eat processed food. I like hamburger helper just fine, but in even less time than it takes to make it, you can prepare a beautiful dinner on your outdoor grill. For a quick, easy meal with an endless number of variations, grill boneless, skinless chicken breasts. To keep them moist and juicy, follow the steps below.
- Rinse and drain chicken breasts under cold running water; drain and blot dry with paper toweling.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Never oil the grate. Brush a light coating of extra virgin olive oil on the chicken.
- Season with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Arrange chicken breasts on the grill grate all going the same direction. (one end pointing to 10 o’clock)
- Grill 4 to 6 minutes. DO NOT open the grill to peek before the 4 minute mark.
- Turn breasts with tongs. Grill for at least 4 minutes. Total cooking time should be 4-6 minutes per side.
- If using a sugar based sauce, such as barbecue, brush sauce on only during the last two minutes of cooking time.
IDEAS FOR GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST:
- Marinate chicken breasts in fajita marinade; cut into strips and grill with sliced onions and pepper strips for easy fajitas.
- Cut chicken into strips; add to crisp greens, your favorite veggies, cheese strips and hard cooked eggs for a nutritious Chef’s Salad.
- Brush with BBQ sauce during the last 2 minutes of grilling and top with Cheddar cheese and crisp bacon strips. Serve on a small sub bun.
- Season chicken breasts before grilling with any of the Weber grill seasonings made for chicken. I have never had one that I didn’t like.