At my house, a good grill is not a luxury. It is a necessity. I have had several grills in my life, but this is my favorite so far. For the first few years we were married, we lived in apartments where owning a grill was against the apartment rules. I grew up with memories of my brother, me, and dad grilling various meats while my mom and sisters set the table and prepared the side dishes. When we moved into our first home, the first thing I did was buy a grill. It wasn’t new. It was a twenty-eight year old Weber Skyline Series. I loved that grill, and was astounded at how solid it was even after so many years of use. It still had its original propane tank!
When it finally gave up the ghost at the ripe old age of thirty-one, I knew that I wanted another Weber. The Genesis is, for me, the perfect size. I only light half of it when it is just my family, but have plenty of room to host company when I need it. A grill is like anything else: You can buy a cheap one, but if you plan to use it often, you will want one that is efficient and consistent in the way it cooks.
Here is mine:
The Weber Genesis S-330 is the right grill at the right price. It is all stainless steel. Even the burners, probably the easiest parts of the grill to wear out are guaranteed for ten years. Every time I light it, it fires right up. It heats to 700 degrees in about seven minutes.
From Weber: “Weber did some changes to the popular Genesis grill for the 2011 model year. For the past 25 years the Genesis has had the burner knobs located on the top right hand side of the grill. Now they are located along the front like most other gas grills. Now where the knobs used to be there is a 12,000 BTU per hour flush mounted burner that complements this grill really well.
Underneath the hood the Weber Genesis S-330 boasts an impressive 3 burner combination that cranks out a total of only 38,000 BTU’s over an impressive 507 square inch grilling surface. The S-330 also has a cool warming rack so that you can easily keep something warm while you finish grilling. So how quickly does this grill heat up? The only answer to that is quickly. For a large grill this baby will heat up to over 500 degrees Fahrenheit in just under 10 minutes flat. This means less waiting around and more grilling time for you.
The Genesis S-330 is also very efficient on gas. While it has 3 burners and one side burner, it’s efficient design allows you to use less gas and cook more food at a time, and the built in sear burner provides some extra grilling power to sear your food so that it comes out perfect every time. What will they think of next?
The propane tank is also on a scale so you can see exactly how much propane you have left instead of relying on a pressure gauge which is not all that accurate.
The lid of this grill is crafted very nicely just like the rest of the grill and it provides an efficient design so that heat stays in and cold air stays out. This helps out big time when you are grilling in the winter months, as many of us avid grillers do.
The main difference between the S-330 and the E-330 is that the s-330 is made entirely out of stainless steal which holds heat better then regular steel like the E-330 is made out of. This doesn’t mean the S-330 will cook any better then its little brother, but it definitely will not rust and in my opinion I think it will last longer outside. That being said, Weber offers a 10 year warranty on almost every part of the grill, with superior customer service to back it up making this gas grill a great purchase for the money.”
This review of the Weber S-330 grill would not be complete without a pros and cons section so here we go:
- Very Solid Stainless Steel Construction
- Heats Up Fast And Is Very Gas Efficient
- The Sear Burner Lets You Crank Up The Heat And Cook To Perfection
- Able To Completely Control How Much heat Is Being Put Out
- Ability To Shut Off Burners For Indirect Cooking
- An Accurate Scale To Make Sure You Have Enough Propane To Grill
- Is A Bit Expensive For A Gas Grill (Although it is worth it)
- You May Not Be Able To Stop Grilling (Not actually a bad thing)
If you are cooking for a lot of people the Genesis s-330 is a great choice for you. You can impress your friends with your grilling style and let the S-330 cook the food to perfection while you take all the credit.
This grill is expensive, but in the world of gas grills you get what you pay for. I hope that you have gotten a lot out of this review of the Weber s-330 gas grill, and if you plan on buying one, check http://www.craigslist.com. I got mine (used, about four months old) for about half of what a new one costs.
- The Weber Genesis grill has a front mounted control panel with 3 stainless-steel burners, and individual electronic ignition system
- Capacity is 507-square-inch primary cooking area and 130-square-inch warming rack for 637 square-inch total cooking area
- Includes stainless steel cooking grates, enclosed cart with stainless steel doors, stainless-steel handles, and stainless steel shroud with a center-mounted thermometer
- Comes with stainless steel flavorizer bars; porcelain-enameled heat deflectors and six tool hooks
- Includes 2 heavy-duty front-locking casters and 2 heavy-duty back-swivel casters; 38,000 BTU per hour input, 12,000 BTU per hour input flush mounted side burner, and 10,000 BTU per hour input sear station burner