One of my favorite “comfort food” recipes is just so quick and easy–there’s no measuring involved, and your family will love the results.
You will need:
(1) 22 oz bag of frozen roasted red potatoes
1 lb ground beef or ground chuck browned
(1) 8 oz container sour cream
(1) can cream of mushroom soup
(1) 2 cup bag of shredded cheddar cheese
(1) 6 oz can of French’s fried onions
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9″x13″ casserole dish. Pour the frozen potatoes into the pan. Cover them with the browned ground beef. In a mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, soup, and cheese. Spread on top of beef/potato mixture. Pour the fried onions over the top evenly. Put in the oven and let bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. This goes really well with green beans or broccoli, and it’s great on a cold, mucky day.